Stand with Women and Girls!
Since 1950, Zonta Club of Hilo has provided resources and funds to empower women and expand access to education, economic opportunities, social services, and more.
Thank you for helping to build a better world for women and girls in Hawai`i and beyond.
By supporting our foundation’s volunteer-powered charitable work, you improve the lives of women and girls locally and globally.
Your gift makes possible:
- Amelia Earhart Girls in Engineering Day to encourage girls grades 4-8 to continue STEM curriculum.
- Magnificent Me middle school conference to introduce adolescent girls to confidence-building strategies and tools.
- Hands Are Not For Hitting, Hands Are for Helping non-violent education and book project for preschoolers.
- 3 Scholarships & 3 Awards for women in business, nursing, public affairs, excellence, and entrepreneurship.
- Pay it Forward Microgrants for women entrepreneurs in need of a small financial boost.
Donate by mail:
Zonta Club of Hilo Foundation
P.O. Box 1915
Hilo, HI 96721-1915
Project Director of NO POHŌ
2022 Pay It Forward Microgrant Awardee
“I am a grateful recipient of a Zonta Club of Hilo Pay It Forward microgrant this year. With Zonta Club of Hilo’s support, I was able to pay it forward and assist Hilo’s The Locavore Store transition to using refillable glass bottles for coconut water they extract from Hawai’i Island coconuts.
NO POHŌ is the pilot project we have just completed to show it is feasible to return to the old days of reusing bottles. Supply problems have been minimized, the landfill has less glass going into it, and food security is strengthened for our community.
Mahalo, Zonta Club of Hilo!”