Stand with Women and Girls!
Since 1950, Zonta Club of Hilo has provided resources and funds to empower women and expand access to education, economic opportunities, social services, and more.
By supporting our foundation’s volunteer-powered charitable work, you improve the lives of women and girls locally and globally.
Thank you for making gender equality a priority in Hawai`i and beyond.
Donate by mail: Zonta Club of Hilo Foundation, P.O. Box 1915, Hilo, HI 96721-1915.
Your gift makes possible:
- Amelia Earhart Girls in Engineering Day to encourage girls grades 4-8 to continue STEM curriculum.
- Magnificent Me middle school conference to introduce adolescent girls to confidence-building strategies and tools.
- Hands Are Not For Hitting, Hands Are for Helping non-violent education and book project for preschoolers.
- 3 Scholarships & 3 Awards for women in business, nursing, public affairs, excellence, and entrepreneurship.
- Pay it Forward Microgrants for women entrepreneurs in need of a small financial boost.
Janice M. Caravalho
1988 Scholarship Awardee
“As I look back on my career, it was an exciting time in growing my confidence, learning and achieving many new nursing experiences that touched the spectrum of human life…. I truly fulfilled my career goals and will always be grateful to those who helped me along the way, like the nursing scholarship you gave me in 1988. So now I ‘pay it forward’ and look to help another worthy nursing student to achieve all that she can do.”
Zonta Club of Hilo Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, donations to which are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.